Skip to content
- Ventoso, M. and Norton, K. A. 2020. “Simulating an Immune Response with a Combined Agent-Based Model of a Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Tumor and Vascular Network,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), Seoul, Korea (South), 2020, pp. 1303-1310.
- Norton, K.A., Gong, C., Jamalian, S. and Popel, A.S. 2019. “Multiscale agent-based and hybrid modeling of the tumor immune microenvironment.” Processes, 7(1), 37.
- Gkontra, P., El‐Bouri, W.K., Norton, K.A., Santos, A., Popel, A.S., Payne, S.J. and Arroyo, A.G., 2019. “Dynamic Changes in Microvascular Flow Conductivity and Perfusion After Myocardial Infarction Shown by Image‐Based Modeling.” Journal of the American Heart Association, 8(7), e011058.
- Norton, K., Jin, K., and Popel, A.S. 2018. “Modeling triple-negative breast cancer heterogeneity: Effects of stromal macrophages, fibroblasts and tumor vasculature.” Journal of Theoretical Biology. 452, pp. 56-68.
- Gkontra, P., Norton, K., Zak, M., Clemente, C., Agüero, J., Ibáñez, B., Santos, A., Popel, A.S., and Arroyo, A.G. 2018. “Deciphering microvascular changes after myocardial infarction through 3D fully automated image analysis.” Scientific Reports. 8(1), 1854.
- Norton, K., Pandey, N., Wallace, T. and Popel, A.S. 2017. “An agent-based model of triple-negative breast cancer: the interplay between chemokine receptor CCR5 expression, cancer stem cells, and hypoxia.” BMC Sys Bio. 11(1), 68.
- Norton, K., and Popel, A.S. 2016. “Effects of endothelial cell proliferation and migration rates in a computational model of sprouting angiogenesis.” Scientific Reports. 6, 36992.
- Norton, KA, Popel, AS, Pandey, NB. 2015. “Heterogeneity of chemokine cell-surface receptor expression in triple-negative breast cancer.” Am J Cancer Res. 5(4), pp. 1295-1307.
- Norton, K., Han, Z., Popel, A.S., and Pandey, N. 2014. “Antiangiogenic cancer drug sunitinib exhibits unexpected proangiogenic effects on endothelial cells.” OncoTargets and Therapy. 2014:7, pp 1571-1582.
- Norton, K. and Popel, A.S. 2014. “An Agent-Based Model of Cancer Stem Cell initiated Tumor Growth and Metastasis: the Effect of Seeding Frequency and Location.” Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 11(100), 20140640.
- Norton, K., Namazi, S., Barnard, N., Fujibayashi, M., Bhanot, G., Ganesan, S., Iyatomi, H., Ogawa, K., & Shinbrot, T. 2012. “Automated Reconstruction algorithm for Identification of 3D Architectures of Cribriform Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.” PLoS One. 7(9), e44011.
- Norton, K., Iyatomi, H., Celebi, M.E., Ishizaki, S., Sawada, M., Suzaki, R., Kobayashi, K., Tanaka, M., & Ogawa, K. 2012. “Three-Phase General Border Detection Method for Dermoscopy Images Using Non-uniform Illumination Correction.” Skin Research and Technology, 18(3), pp. 290-300.
- Norton, K., Wininger, M., Bhanot, G., Ganesan, S., Barnard, N., and Shinbrot, T. 2010. “A 2D Mechanistic Model of Breast Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS) Morphology and Progression.” Journal of Theoretical Biology. 263, pp. 393-406.
- Gevertz, J., Aminzare, Z., Norton, K., Perez-Velazquez, J., Volkening, A., and Rejniak, K. 2014. “Emergence Of Anti-Cancer Drug Resistance: Exploring The Importance Of The Microenvironmental Niche Via A Spatial Model.” chapter of the book “Applications of Dynamical Systems in Biology and Medicine”, edited by A. Radunskaya and T. Jackson, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, Springer-Verlag.